Pages

Monday, 17 December 2012

Finally all the Christmas Cards have been made

Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? The last month has gone by in a flash. Big apologies for not much posting in the last couple of weeks but I have had my head stuck in accounts preparing a VAT return and year end accounts. Not much fun but keeps the brain cells ticking over! Sadly this has meant not much time to do any crafting. So it was with great pleasure that I sat down yesterday to finish off my Christmas Cards with the Christmas tunes playing!

I had already embroidered the faces onto felt and then having sprayed blank cards with gold spray, I stuck them onto the cards using paper doilies as the dress and wings. Here are the two batches of cards, 37 in total I think. I have ten more to make which I will do tonight.

As I was making them I wondered what the collective noun for angles is. I would like to imagine that it is a choir of angels. On looking it up on t'internet, I was right! Not only could it be a choir but also a host, a chorus or even a flight but I do prefer choir.

So my choir of angels have been addressed and a little note to each of my family and friends included and all posted so they're winging their way to their new homes now.

I feel there will be a last big push towards Christmas over the next week making sure lots of food is in the house, the bedroom is comfortable for my mother in law who will be staying, presents wrapped and all parties have been attended!

I hope to be back on more regular form in the new year. In the meantime, I'm linking through to Handmade Monday. Have a quiet browse through all the lovely things on the other blogs.

 

7 comments:

  1. Those angels are gorgeous! Well done on making so many! Enjoy your Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simmi! It was quite therapeutic to do a repetitive task. Happy Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. A choir of angels sound lovely and they look lovely too.
    Enjoy the celebrations and have a wonderful Christmas.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. thank you for your thoughts. I just need to brush up on my photographic skills as they looked better in reality! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and enjoy some crafting over the hols!

      Delete
  3. Your choir of angels is amazing. I am so impressed that you have made them all and am sure that the recipients will appreciate them. Have a happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I do think people appreciate home made Christmas cards. I hope you have a very happy Christmas too!

      Delete
  4. These look lovely! Have a great Christmas and see you on Handmade Monday in the New Year, Jo x

    ReplyDelete